21 Nov Top 25 Email Marketing Stats you need to know in 2019
Email marketing is the cornerstone that can enhance engagement by retaining customers much easier with high-powered tools like automation and personalization. Mobile-friendly email marketing ensures that no matter what device your customer uses to view them, your emails will always look great and convert. iBridge, one of the best Digital Marketing Companies providing Email Marketing Services present you top 25 Email Marketing stats you need to know in 2019 to help you understand just what value email marketing brings to a business. Here we go,
- On average, email marketing has a 4400% ROI.
- Welcome emails have an average open rate of 82%.
- 102.6 trillion emails are sent and received each year as per IBM, and 49% of all emails are opened on mobile devices.
- 54% of all emails are classified as spam.
- Mobile users engage with emails the least out of tablet and PC users.
- 74% of marketers say targeted personalization increases customer engagement
- 95% of companies using marketing automation are taking advantage of email marketing.
- The most opened emails related to hobbies, with an open rate of 27%.
- 49% of consumers say they would like to receive promotional emails from their favourite brands every week.
- Personalized emails get 6x Higher Transaction Rates, but only 30% of brands use them.
- 60% of consumers subscribe to a brand’s list to get promotional messages and deals.
- Sending 3 abandoned cart emails results in 69% more orders than just one email which helps you reduce order form abandonment.
- 50% of small and medium-sized businesses use their marketing automation software for Email Drip Marketing.
- 88% of consumers who are willing to share personal information want transparency about how it’s used.
- Email subscribers are 3x more likely to share content on social media than leads who came through another channel according to QuickSprout.
- 80% of retail professionals indicate that email marketing is their greatest driver of customer retention
- 77% of people prefer to get permission-based promotional messages via email
- 70% of your reader’s open emails just to see if there is a deal, discount or coupon being offered.
- Emails that address the reader’s interests have experienced 29% higher open rates, 28% lower unsubscribe rates and 60% more clicks.
- personalized approach to emails improves the click-through-rate (CTR) by 14% and your conversions by 10%.
- B2B audiences rank email as the third most influential source of information after colleague recommendations and thought leaders in your industry
- Email communication is favoured by 86% of business professionals for business purposes.
- Even 73% of millennials prefer email for business communication.
- B2B email campaign click-through rates (CTRs) are 47% higher than B2C email campaigns.
- The majority of B2B marketers (59%) generate the most revenue through email.
Email technology is ever-evolving with new, increasingly robust technologies being introduced, like predictive analytics that allows marketers to pinpoint optimal send times, subject lines, and preview text. Better data reporting and analysis tools have opened doors to more exact targeting and conversion optimization. An effective email marketing needs consistent testing and analysis. For a brand to understand its audience, it must continuously monitor its customers’ actions and preferences. Keeping track of open rates, click-through rates, unsubscribes, and other important metrics are critical to establishing benchmarks and identifying trends. Studying these reports gives email marketing service providers the insights needed to increase on what’s working, ditch what isn’t, and create new strategies. One of the best ways to get insight into what works for your audience specifically is to A/B test as much as possible. Subject lines are one obvious email element to split test, and most email service providers make this easy. A new trend in email marketing is to market relevant content to the audiences that need it now. What they need will change depending on where they are and the mobile revolution puts this information at your fingertips. No study nor external data point will ever be as meaningful as your own results.
The more your customers engage with your business and emails, the more likely they are to purchase from you. Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened. You can add images and content that are specific to each reader to keep them interested in what your business offers. The more you can send emails that your customers want to see, with information that they’re looking for, the more likely they’ll stay your customer. Using data you already have about them can help you to personalize emails a little bit more. Keeping your data updated, by using signup forms or surveys, can help you collect the information you need to do this. Automation, creating a series of emails once and sending them out automatically when certain criteria are met, can help keep customers coming back for more. Automated emails can generate 320% more revenue than non-automated ones. Using automation and personalization together can lead to a high ROI. Email marketing can only convert leads to customers but can help retain the customers you already have. For effective email marketing services for your business, contact iBridge.